- General Information
This privacy notice sets out the ways in which I Love Publicity Limited, company number 08456824 collects, processes and shares your personal data.
- What information does I Love NCL® collect?
I Love NCL® may collect, process and use the following information that you provide when you sign up to receive our newsletter or other forms of email communications, or when you purchase our products:
- email address;
- telephone number;
- age; and
- your payment card information.
I Love NCL® may collect, process and use the following information about you when you use our website:
- your IP address;
- pages visited;
- links clicked on;
- visitor numbers; and
- What is your data used for?
I Love NCL® processes your personal data in the following ways, and on the following legal bases:
- to send you our newsletter where you have signed up for, and consented to receiving, it;
- your name, telephone number and email address for the purposes of sending you direct electronic marketing about specific third-party events, food, drink, arts, culture and other experiences. I Love NCL® will only do this if you have given your consent (subject to the following bullet-point). You may opt-out of such marketing emails at any time by emailing I Love NCL® at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- if you have purchased products from our shop, and have not chosen to opt-out, then I Love NCL® will send you direct electronic marketing about similar products and services. You may opt-out of such marketing emails at any time by emailing I Love NCL® at email@example.com;
- to carry out I Love NCL’s obligations arising from any contracts entered into between I Love NCL® and you, for example to take payment for products you purchase in our shop, or to book an event or experience;
- to enhance your experience of the I Love NCL® website and newsletter, it does this as it is in its legitimate interest to ensure that you receive the best experience possible;
- to optimise your experience of the types of direct electronic marketing that I Love NCL® sends you (where you have consented to it). I Love NCL® does this on the basis that it is necessary in I Love NCL’s legitimate interest to ensure that such marketing is of interest and use to you; and
- any other purposes where I Love NCL® has obtained your consent to do so.
I Love NCL® may use your information in an anonymised and/or aggregated manner in order to analyse the data so that it can enhance its IT systems, website or newsletter, and to carry out research (including on individuals’ preferences around events, food, drink, arts, culture and other experiences). It may share this anonymised and/or aggregated data with third parties, but you will not be identifiable from any such data.
I Love NCL® may review your personal data if it has reason to believe that the information has been provided inappropriately, unlawfully or illegally. I Love MCR does this on the basis that it is necessary in its legitimate interest to ensure that the website is being used appropriately, lawfully and legally.
- Disclosing information to third parties
I Love NCL® does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal identifiable information to outside parties other than as set out in this privacy notice.
I Love NCL® provides your personal data:
- to selected third party providers in order to send you the newsletter, and to process and deliver your bookings, for example restaurants, bars, theatres and event providers, ticketing platforms and web-mailing providers;
- to third party payment processing providers in order to take payment for products you purchase in our shop;
- to selected marketing agencies and hosting companies; and
I Love NCL® doesn’t allow third-parties to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permits them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with its instructions.
I Love NCL® will only transfer your personal data outside of the EEA to organisations who have adequate safeguards in place to ensure the security of your personal data.
I Love NCL® will disclose your personal data to third parties:
- if I Love NCL® sells or buys any business or assets, in which case I Love NCL® will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if I Love NCL® or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if I Love NCL® is under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of I Love NCL®, you or any third party, and to investigate illegal activities and breaches of any agreement I Love NCL® has with you. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
I Love NCL® may pass your personal data to third parties in a statistical and/or aggregated manner in order to analyse the data. I Love NCL® will always ensure that you are not identifiable from any such data.
I Love NCL® may otherwise share your information as directed by you or subject to your consent.
- Protecting your personal data
I Love NCL® has put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, it limits access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know and in accordance with this privacy notice. They will only process your personal data in accordance with I Love NCL’s instructions.
I Love NCL® has put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where it is legally required to do so.
You play an important role in keeping your information secure. If you have any reason to believe that your interactions are no longer secure, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Holding your personal data
I Love NCL® will retain your data for as long as it needs to hold it in order to provide you with our newsletter and to improve, analyse and optimise your customer experience.
It may also retain your data for further periods where it needs to do so in order comply with any legal or regulatory requirements (including keeping certain records for VAT purposes), to carry out audits, to detect and prevent fraud, to enforce contracts or to resolve any disputes.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, I Love NCL® considers the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which I Love NCL® processes your personal data and whether those purposes can be achieved through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
- Your Rights
Where I Love NCL® relies on consent as the condition for processing your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
You have various statutory rights in relation to your personal data. In particular, you have the right to:
- object to direct marketing communications at any time;
- request and obtain access to your personal data;
- rectification or erasure of your personal data, in certain circumstances;
- object to or restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- have your personal data stored in a manner in which it is portable from the environment in which it is stored by I Love NCL® to another environment; and
- file a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
A cookie is a small information file that is sent to your computer, mobile or other device when you visit a website and it will recognise your device on future visits. These types of files do a number of different jobs, such as remembering your preferences and chosen items, improving your site experience and ensuring that the adverts or offers you see online are more relevant to you. These “cookies” can be divided into 4 types each of which is outlined below.
Category 1: Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential for the operation of the I Love NCL® website in order to enable it to function properly, such as remembering order details and allowing you to access secure or exclusive areas of the website.
Category 2: Performance Cookies
This type collects anonymous information on how people use the site and the data is merged with other users to enable I Love NCL® to improve how the site operates. They allow I Love NCL® to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it.
For example, the website utilises Google Analytics cookies to help I Love NCL® understand how customers arrive at the website, how they browse or use the website and highlight areas for improvement such as navigation, shopping experience and marketing campaigns. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
These cookies help I Love NCL® to improve the way its website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Category 3: Functionality Cookies
These are used to recognise you when you return to the website and to personalise content and remember your preferences. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate with your selections and make the visits more tailored and pleasant.
Category 4: Targeting Cookies or Advertising Cookies
These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests. They remember the pages you have visited and the links you have clicked on. This is used to make the website and adverts more relevant to your interests.
- Changes to Privacy Notice
If I Love NCL® decides to change this privacy notice, any changes will be posted on this page.
This privacy notice was last modified on 12 November 2018.
If you wish to contact I Love NCL® in relation to this privacy notice, including in relation to any of the rights set out in section 7 above, please contact email@example.com.
Sponsorship and trademark
- I Love NCL® is a registered trademark.
- We encourage use of our symbol so long as it’s not for any commercial gain.
- We only advertise what we endorse or has benefit to the community.
- We will not endorse gambling nor anything of a political or religious nature.
- We won’t be bribed by money or payment in kind.
- We are incorruptible – reviews are always impartial.
- Paid for content is clearly marked ‘Sponsored’.
- Advertising requires a minimum commitment of 3 months to ensure maximum exposure.