Steeped in culture and personality, Newcastle is home to some of the most friendly and passionate people in the world. Which means, if you date one of us, you’ve found yourself an absolute keeper. Why? This post inspired by BuzzFeed tells us why…
1. THE MATURITY OF OUR HUMOUR IS UNRIVALLED
The Danald Brothers gifted us with this belter!
Viz Comic Image From Pinterest.com
2. WE’VE CERTAINLY GOT THE PATTER!
Image via From wifflegif.com
3. WE’RE BIG SOFTIES AT HEART
Image via goal.com
4. IF YOU DATE SOMEONE FROM NEWCASTLE, WE’LL PROBABLY TAKE YOU TO THE QUAYSIDE
Well…Why wouldn’t we? It’s the best place on the planet!
5. GEORDIES DON’T TAKE THEMSELVES TOO SERIOUSLY
Image via funnyjunk.com
6. BUT WE’RE PASSIONATE WHEN IT MATTERS
Image via themag.co.uk
7. WE HAVE OUR OWN HANGOVER CURES
Image via historyword.co.uk
‘Glucozade’ was invented by William Owen, a Newcastle based chemist, in 1927 in order to provide a source of energy for those who were sick. The name was changed to Lucozade in 1929.
8. AND WE’RE PRETTY EASY ON THE EYE TOO
9. WE HAVE A SOPHISTICATED PALATE
Image via cyprusbeermaniacs.com
10. AND WE KNOW OUR HAUTE CUISINE
11. WE’RE ABLE TO TAKE YOU PLACES OF AWE-INSPIRING NATURAL BEAUTY
Seaside Sunrise at Tynemouth – Courtesy of Rob Mcavoy.
12. YOU’LL NEVER RUN OUT OF FREE DATES TO GO ON
There’s St Nicholas Cathedral, Jesmond Dene, The Baltic, Discovery Museum.
13. GEORDIES HAVE EXCELLENT MUSIC TASTE
Image via makeagif.com
Geordie musical exports include: Maximo Park, Sting, Pet Shop Boys, Animals…
14. WE’RE SOME OF THE MOST WELCOMING AND OPEN-MINDED PEOPLE YOU’LL EVER MEET
Image via favorphoenix.com
15. WE NEVER COMPLAIN ABOUT THE WEATHER
16. IF YOU’RE REALLY LUCKY WE MIGHT ‘KNOCK YOU UP’ SOMETHING DELICIOUS THAT YOU’D NEVER GET DOWN SOUTH
17. WE MAKE THE BEST OF ANY SITUATION
18. AND WE KNOW HOW TO HAVE A PROPER NIGHT OUT
Image via tuptuppalace.com
19. GEORDIES ARE KNOWN FOR NEVER MINCING THEIR WORDS
Image via giphy.com
20. SO IF YOU’RE LUCKY ENOUGH TO FALL IN LOVE WITH A GEORDIE, YOU KNOW YOU’VE REALLY SCORED
I Love Newcastle Magazine would love to hear your thoughts about the above post, so please feel free to share them in the comments box below.