Josta Wood, Personal Stylist at John Lewis Newcastle, said: “Christmas shopping can be a stressful experience for anyone and leaving it to one of the busiest weekends or last minute only adds to the pressure.”
“Every year I help out hundreds of shoppers over the challenge of Christmas shopping and find the perfect gifts for loved ones. Here are my top tips to help shoppers have an enjoyable and productive shopping experience.”
1. Give yourself time and space to shop – no one enjoys battling through the weekend crowds. If possible, book a day off work or make the most of retailers’ extended opening hours – many shops such as John Lewis Newcastle are now open until 9pm during the week and are much quieter later in the evening.
2. Make a list – before you hit the shops make a list of everything you need to buy and where you’re going to find it. Check prices and availability online before leaving the house, this will help you make a budget and stick to it.
3. Do your homework – when buying clothes it’s essential to know the recipient’s size, this will avoid panic purchases and the potential hassle of exchanges or refunds. If you’re unsure you can check with a friend or family member or have a casual snoop in their wardrobe.
4. Rest and refuel – break up your shopping trip with lunch or a coffee. Make sure to sit down and give your legs a rest – this will help keep your energy levels and motivation high. Here at John Lewis Newcastle, we’re lucky enough to have Joe & The Juice and Rossopomodoro in branch, making refuelling easy, whether it’s a healthy juice or delicious pizza you’re after.
5. Don’t be afraid to ask for help – remember sales assistants are here to help, don’t be afraid to ask what you might feel is a silly question.
For more information please visit: www.johnlewis.com
I Love Newcastle Magazine would love to hear your thoughts about the above post, so please feel free to share them in the comments box below.